How to Obtain a Letter of Recommendation
Please turn in the following paperwork to the front office or a graduate supervisor at the ICD:
- Recommender Request Form (please download form below) - If you have not taken the GRE's or they are not required, please note this on the form.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- List of schools to which letters are to be sent, and school deadlines
- Stamped envelopes, addressed to the schools - Dr. Romanczyk's address will be stamped as the return address, so please leave the return address blank
Other important information:
- Upon completion, letters are mailed from the ICD directly to the school.
- Letters will not be given back to students under any circumstance.
- If a school requires letters to be sent with the application packet, you may mail the packet from the ICD with staff supervision.
- If school requires electronic submission, you may use Dr. Romanczyk's e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Gillis's e-mail address (email@example.com).
- Dr. Romanczyk and Dr. Gillis do not write letters for the CDC or Interfolio.
- Dr. Romanczyk and Dr. Gillis require 3 - 4 weeks to complete and mail letters of recommendation, from the date paperwork is submitted until the date the letter is due to the school.
- Letters are written only for students who have taken 2 of the ABA track courses (i.e., 355, 493, 494, 476R) OR students who have taken 1 and are currently enrolled in the second for at least 8 weeks.