Speech Services Program
Programs for Children up to 3 Years Old
At ICD, we recognize that each child is unique so we work collaboratively with all of our families to ensure that the services we provide are individualized and appropriate for the child’s family culture.
We rely on evidence-based intervention strategies so that your child receives state of the art treatment in a child and family friendly, supportive environment.
We help children who may have speech or language delays or disorders in the areas of:
- Articulation (speech sound production)
- Fluency (flow and rhythm of speech)
- Language comprehension
- Expressive language
- Pragmatics (social use of language)
Building your child’s speech and language skills:
- Improves your family’s communication with each other
- Improves your child’s enjoyment in daily activities
- Helps your child develop peer relationships
- Fosters learning about the world
Institute for Child Development Speech Services Program offers:
- Individual speech therapy sessions
- Group speech therapy sessions
- Enhanced developmental social communication groups
Professional staff and experts in speech development
Our NYS licensed Speech-Language Pathologists, all of whom hold the Certificate of Clinical Competence awarded by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), are skilled in thoroughly evaluating and treating your child’s speech and language needs. Our Speech-Language Pathologists are experts in speech development in early childhood, evidence-based speech therapy practices, and augmentative and alternative communication, including assistive technology. Speech- Language Pathologists at ICD frequently participate in advance training and education to further their expertise and present at professional conferences.